I have been in debt settlement for about a year and 2 months. i have settled 3 of the five credit cards and have two to go. the situation is that Citibank, of course, is in the process of suing me.
I have received my final notice that i have ten days to respond. i am still saving the money each month with my settlement company but we do not have the money to settle right now, and they do not want to wait.
I do live in Pennsylvania which is a commonwealth state, which i think means that even if they do get a judgment against me they cannot put a lein on the house because the house is in both my husbands and my name. and the credit card is only in my name.there is no wage garnishment in my state either except for child support.
so the way i see it is i really cant stop this without having the money now, which i don’t, and they really cant get anything from me. my credit is not in good shape so i am not concerned about the judgment being on my record, my goal is to settle these last two accounts and not use credit anymore. does anyone have any knowledge on the subject of judgments or any suggestions? thanks!